Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Genesis 6-9 mind map

 This is my mind Map for Genesis 6-9. In class we used the S.T.E.A.L method to characterize God from the text. I have never been religious so I never really had a very big perspective on God. Reading Genesis gave me a better idea about who God is and what he can do. I was always taught to believe that God created everything on earth, he does everything for a reason, and that he can do no wrong. I no longer agree completely with this. I still believe that everything is done for a reason, but  necessarily a good one. God created a great flood so that all living things on land would be wiped out , all land species extinct. All because he thought that the world had become to violent. This does make sense but wiping out entire populations and then putting a ton of stress on Noah to keep all these animals alive and to build a huge boat is very irrational. There are other Ways god could've fixed this violence problem. The characterizations that we made about God show us that he is more like a normal human than I had thought in the past. 

No comments:

Post a Comment