Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Highschool so far

I have been going to high school for about a month now. It's much different than I thought It would be, definitely no high school musical. There are some perks about this new found freedom, you have to learn to use it wisely. So far the the best thing about high school is that most of your teachers treat you like young adults, unless you give them a reason not to. In middle school it felt like we were still in elementary school. The school trusts you enough to let you leave the school, give you I pads and let you take care of yourself. Its a nice way to ease into adult hood. One of my favorite things to do that I couldn't do in middle school is that I can go home! My house is right down the street so during lunch it's nice to go home, or if I got for something at home I can just run and go get it. During the day I mostly feel less stressed because I don't feel like I'm in a jail for 7 hours. Surprisingly I also like carrying around my backpack, everything I have is all in one place there is no "I left my home work in my locker" then desperately searching for it through the mess that is a locker. However all these perks definitely come with some cons. High school can be scary, especially when your only 14. It's weird going from the oldest to the youngest so quickly. There can be a lot more opportunities to do some bad things that you have to be smart enough to avoid. This is the time in our lives that we really start to plan for the future. Even something as simple as getting involved with the wrong group of people can affect your future. The work load is already much greater than I've been used to. It can be difficult to keep on task all the time but it is necessary because it seems as though everything is connected. If I fail one test my gpa will drop and my dream college will become out of reach. I know this is being overly dramatic but this is how it feels.
 So far I've learned that With all these new responsibilities come lots of new stress but you need to keep up the good work. I know that right along these hallways holds great opportunity, it's up to me what I do with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment